Monday, June 13, 2011

Scrabble Party




I had the privilege of celebrating my sister-in-law's 40th birthday this weekend. A wonderful woman, friend, mother & wife who loves words.  Anything with words.
So we thought we would throw her a Scrabble Party!
 



I found a knife block at the thrift store and thought it looked just like a scrabble tile so I painted a "J" (for my SIL's name) on it and used scrabble tiles to spell out Happy Birthday for the cupcake toppers.  Knife block: $1, scrabble tiles: free (I had them already)

My SIL also LOVES lemons and basil so we used those as accents around the table.


I found vinyl letters at the local drugstore and thought they would look cute on balloons, spelling out her name.  Vinyl letters: $3, Helium balloons: $5.68

I printed Happy Birthday letters using the News Gothic MT font (very similar to the Scrabble font) and put a wood background on each page to make them look like Scrabble tiles.

A sweet friend of ours asked all of us to bring one word that best describes my SIL, and put the words & descriptions in a scrapbook as a present to her.  How lovely to read these and realize what a gift she is to all of us.
 

3 comments:

  1. Nice work! I can't believe how little you spent and how fabulous it looked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a huge scrabble fan -I'll have to throw him a scrabble party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://party-on-a-penny.blogspot.in/2011/06/teddy-bear-picnic-party.html

    ReplyDelete